Saturday, May 30, 2009

Girl is quick!

We were at Price Club at one point in the past 2 weeks, and we came across one of the little carts with food. This cart had pizza, and Jilly asked me if she could have some. I said sure, and we weaved our way over, and Jilly asked "I have one please?" The little Asian lady said, "Sure, here you go." Jilly turned to her, and plain as day said "Shea-shea." And the little lady looked her in the eye with out skipping a beat and said "Woo ka chi."

Now for the explanation: Jilly watches "Ni Hao Kai-lan" on Nickelodeon, and the show is all about a little Chinese girl, her grandpa and her friends. The show has good moral lessons, and teaches kids how to speak some Chinese. What it boils down to, is my 3 year old saw this little Asian lady and told her Thank you in Chinese.

(No matter how badly I may feel about my parenting skills on some days, its days like that one that remind me I must be doing something right for my kids to be so polite, and in more than one language!)

No comments:

Post a Comment