Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Jilly Bean

What else can be said for Jilly, other than she keeps us laughing. Here are a few examples...

She has picked up on the commercial for Charlestown Races and Slots. (Mostly, she is drawn to it because of the horses they show...) but it is too funny to hear her sing the tag line!

Along the same lines, while watching Nick Jr there is a commercial for a brand of shoes called Lelli Kelly. And girlfriend flips her lid when it comes on saying "I want to be a Lelli Kelly girl." These shoes are just canvas Mary Jane's that have been 'blinged out'. So I was paying attention one time to the commercial for a website, and was heart broken. In fine print it stated "Available only in finer department stores Nordstrom and Macy's". I was depressed, I was so looking forward to being her hero, and just could not justify 70-90 dollars for one pair of shoes that she will out grow in the next 6 months. And then it hit me "Chris, (that's typically what I call my self during internal dialogue) you are a crafty person, you can MAKE something that looks similar, and with her bring so young she won't even know the difference." So off to Target I head to look for some plain canvas Mary Jane type shoes. And to my surprise, they had a knock off with all the bling that little Miss Girly Girl could ever want! I got to be the hero and not get shot by Jeff for spending that much on one pair of shoes!

One more quick story about just my Jilly Bean. We were in the kitchen looking for a snack, and she turns to me and asks "Is it OK if I have one of your Nudie Boys Mommy?" I about died I was laughing so hard. I had to try to figure out what the heck in the world girlfriend was talking about. And when she pointed to the box of Nutty Buddies, it all made sense. I'm just waiting for the time she's out and about and starts talking about 'Mommy's Nudie Boys'! There is no shortage of laughter in THIS house.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment