Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, new me

This holiday season flew by, just like it always does. There never seems to be enough time in any day to get everything done, but we manage. Trying to keep track of an increasingly social teenager, and 3 little monkeys who are in constant motion can be challenging. Add to that trying to nurture a marriage, running a business on my own, helping run another business, then there's the laundry and dishes and such...

My kids are my first priority, so much so that sometimes I lose sight of the fact that I am not just a Mom. With every New Year comes new challenges. One of my challenges is to try to balance my life better. My kids are still going to be my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night, and the biggest factor in any decision I make, but during the day I'm going to steal a few moments here and there to focus more on the things that make me 'not a mommy'. Another challenge for me is to live for me and my family (definition of 'my family'-those who live in this house) and stop trying to live up to other people's ridiculous expectations of what I should be. I have come to the conclusion that I am doing the best that I can in making the best decisions for me and my family, and if that is not enough for you, too bad, that's your problem and not mine.

Thankfully, both the businesses I am involved with I am very passionate about, and love deeply.

(Get ready, here come the shameless plugs...) To see what The Bug n Bean Store has been up to you will have to visit the website www.bugandbeanstore.com But don't fall in love with the site itself, we are currently undergoing construction and will have a brand new look shortly.

As for my personal venture you can go to http://chrissycurtiscrafts.blogspot.com to see some of my creations. Here is one project that I recently put together that you can take a sneak peek at.

I have four truly caring and compassionate kids that could not make me more proud. And a husband who could not be a better father in any way. The businesses I have chosen to be a part of give me a joy that I can't put in words. And the people I choose to have in my life are priceless. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment