Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome Baby Brudder

This is the delivery that I will remember the LEAST! It all started on Sunday night with contractions that were starting to get more regular. So Monday morning we went to the Birthing Inn and got hooked up to all the monitors, and they even wanted a sonogram. His heart rate was "acceptable", and he was in a good position, but there was not enough change in cervix to keep me there. So back home we went, only for the contractions to keep me in pain. I was up most of the night not able to sleep and just miserable. It got to be about 5:45 am Tuesday morning and I called my Dr. again and asked him what I should do, and he said come on in and we'll see what's going on. By the time we got my Mom here to watch the kids, and stopped at Mickey D's for a quick breakfast and got there it was 6:30 am. Back on the monitors I went, had a nurse check me, and sat there and waited for something to happen. It got to be about 8:30 and they came to check me again. This time they could not feel him engaged at all in the birth canal, so Dr. Foster did another sonogram. Come to find out, he had moved and his head was now off to my left side with his feet over on the right.

And then the 2 words I never thought I was going to hear came out of the Dr.'s mouth "C-section", and then he left the room! I was floored, and had no clue what was going on. Thankfully the nurse and Janine were able to talk to me and calm me down a little. They explained we had to do the C-section because the contractions were getting stronger and closer and it would be bad if my body tried to evict him in this position. So it's now about 9 am, Jeff realized he had to come home for the camera, so he ran to Leesburg, I called Sunny, and they started to get me prepped for surgery.

Jeff made it back to the hospital right before they wanted to take me back, so I got to see him briefly and off I went to the OR. The nurse made a few jokes to try to calm me down while the epidural lady was trying to get my meds going. After the epidural was in, she asked me if I wanted a "little something to help relax"....BIG MISTAKE!! As soon as she put that stuff in the IV I don't remember a thing. All i do remember was being told "10:56, he's here" and then out again until noon in the recovery room. Jeff has told me that the camera wouldn't work in the OR so the first pictures we have are from the nursery.

Hungry little man!

"Hhhmmmm.....Let me get back to you on that, I'm new to all of this!"

Big blue peepers!

Well, the big joke this time around was that I was going to sneeze this kid out, but as Jeff put it "I took this delivery off"!

No comments:

Post a Comment