Friday, February 11, 2011

They grow up so fast

At Jilly's school last Friday all the kids wore a jersey for their favorite football team since the Super Bowl was on Sunday. Not only did Jilly wear her Redskins shirt, but Cooper wore hers also. (It cracks me up that there is 26 months age difference, but these two act like twins!)



In other news, Cooper has decided to call Wyatt her 'snuggie bear'. I have no idea where she came up with it, but it is the most precious thing!

On Tuesday I made the decision that it was time to put Wyatt on 'Binky only for sleeping' status, and so far little monkey-man has had no problem adjusting. That night at bedtime I started talking to Cooper about giving hers up completely. The way we worked it with Jilly was if she gave up the Binky, she could have the toy of her choice after one week of sleeping without it. Cooper said she wanted a purple kitty (still not sure what she was referring to!) but she still wanted her Binky. No problem, I just wanted to start planting the seed that 'soon' she wouldn't have to have her Binky. So on Wednesday night we had a similar conversation at bedtime, and again she told me "Not yet, Mommy." OK, cool. So last night after reading books, both girls hopped in their beds, and I went to reach for Coopers Binky (which 'lives' on top of a tall dresser that she can't reach). She was sitting there in her bed and started telling me "No Mommy, no Binky." The cutest part of it was she was sitting there indian style and started waiving her hand at me as if she were a traffic cop! I went over to her bed and she and I talked for a few minutes, and she made it very clear that she did NOT want her Binky. I figured that she would be in tears after a few minutes, but we did not hear a peep out of her all night! It was amazing, it was her decision and she is getting more and more like the bigger girls every day!

...now if potty training were only going to be this easy!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment