Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Snow

I can't wait untill we get enough snow to make it worth going out to play in it. All morning Jilly has been playing, and out of nowhere she will run to the back door and start yelling "Snow Mommy, snow." It reminds me of last year when Jilly was starting to put sentences together, and while I was on the phone with my Dad who was having a hard time saying "the" goodbye to his Dad, she came over and snached the phone from me and started yelling "Nowing Pop-pop, nowing Pop-pop." It brought a smile to the face of a man who was losing his father, but also made him aware of how life gives and takes. It has been almost a year since we lost him, but we all can still feel Little Pop-pop, (espically when the Phillies won the World Series this year). and the impact he had on all of our lives. Funny how a little thing like snow can really make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment