Monday, March 16, 2009

"I'm naked"

Just to set the scene...we just got back from Bloom, I have groceries all over the kitchen that need to be put away, I had put Dora on the TV to keep Jilly occupied while I fed Cooper...or so I thought. I've just started feeding Cooper (who is so hungry that I can't get it in her mouth fast enough) when I hear Jilly yell from the other room "MOMMY!! I"M NAKED!" I tell her to come out to the kitchen and talk to me. And here she comes, clothes in hand (but didn't take off the Jasmine panties) and proclaims "I don't like these clothes anymore." To which I tell her to find other clothes to put on, but she can't run around naked. So she vanishes back to the living room, and the next thing I know, she's tapping me on the back "Mommy, I can't find any I like." I tell her again she can't run around naked, and she goes off to look for clothes, and yet again comes back with nothing. (This is one of those times where I don't know whether to laugh or scream...I chose to laugh, but not when she could see me...no need to encourage bad behavior.) Finally she decides on the same shirt she had taken off a few minutes before, but this time instead of jeans, she chose brown comfy pants. She brought me the clothes (apparently she can get clothes off with no problem, but getting them back on is a different story) and I helped her get dressed, all while Cooper is laughing every time Jilly runs in.

Now I know how my mother felt when we lived in California when I was Jilly's age. I've heard the stories all my life..."I would send you out to play fully dressed, and you'd come back in with only your underwear on." I guess there is no mistaking that Jilly is getting more like her Mommy everyday. Just not sure how good that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment