Monday, February 23, 2009

let's make a deal

For those of you who don't know how Jeff's job works, let me fill you in. He has a quota of contacts that he is supposed to make every day. That means interviews, and getting those interviews typed up. His month end is the 21st of each month, and when that falls on a weekend (like this month) he has until Monday night to get everything typed and turned in. Due to our crazy everyday lives, it is sometimes necessary for Jeff to wait until the end of the month and cram all his typing into the last few days. Such was the case this month, he might as well have been out of town for the little amount of time we've been able to see him this weekend. It makes me appreciate single motherhood (and not miss it one bit!), but it gets difficult.

I am by no stretch of the imagination any good with math, and I had to help Bug with her homework while keeping Cooper entertained, and make sure Jilly wasn't too distracting in the homework process. Did I mention I was cooking dinner at the time too. (These are the nights that almost drive me to drink!) So we get the homework done, Cooper fed, Jilly sitting at the table, dinner ready, and I think I'm in the home stretch for the night. HA!

Jilly decided of the hamburger helper that she was to eat, she only wanted the noodles out it, which doesn't fly around here. So we play "let's make a deal" which usually works with her. Most times it ends up being something along the lines of "You eat 3 more bites and you can be done...deal?" When I asked her that tonight, she looked at me, tilted her head (think of the RCA dog) and said "Mmmm, I don't sink so Mommy." After the crazy few days I've had, I just busted out laughing...as did Courtney, and then that was all Jilly would say all night long.

Sometimes, when you think you've got it bad, one of the kids will do or say something that reminds you that it's all worth it in the end. Just smile, try to laugh, and remember it will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment