Thursday, February 26, 2009

"That's mine"

I came home last night from a lesson at the barn with Bug, and I brought home some Mc Donald's. I was greeted at the door by Jilly with " Hi Mommy...OOOHHHH french fries!! Yeah!!" So we make it out to the living room (yes it was a very lazy dinner night) and I sit on the floor and start to dole out dinner. Just then, Jilly says to me "Mommy, come here." And she comes over to me and says "Let me see." She puts her hands on the sides of my face, and has me put my head down...I was wearing one of her barrettes (it was the first thing I could find on my way out the door to the barn). She gets this kinda mad, kinda stern look on her face and tells me "Mommy, that's my rainbow clippy. I have it back now please?" It was more about the way she delivered me the news...as if I didn't know I had her clippy...and girl was so serious too. She was son interested in the clippy that it took me a few minutes of coaxing to get her to eat her fires. She did end up winning, mostly because she was relentless with the "I have it back now please Mommy" than anything else. I tend to cave in to her when she uses her manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment