Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"You are NOT taking MY tv away!"




Since Grandma Alice has pneumonia, Riley came over to play with us again today. He ate his "chippy waffle" as Jilly calls the chocolate chip Eggo waffles we have some days for breakfast. But when it came to lunch, he wasn't all that interested. And I'm not sure if it was because I was feeling lazy, or just didn't have the stamina for a fight with the two seemingly more stubborn than usual kids this afternoon, but I let them eat their noodles in front of the tv. BIG MISTAKE! Jilly finished in ten minutes flat, no fighting, no muss, no fuss... now Riley on the other hand who has been known to be somewhat of a pill when it comes to eating has not given me a problem in the 7 meals he had eaten with me until lunch today. I have been witness to him refusing to eat at family dinners, but he had been good as gold for Auntie Chris. Well, after about twenty minutes of "no thank you, I not eating now" (got to give him credit, he was still polite) I told him he had ten more minutes to finish eating or I was going to turn off the tv.




Well, Miss Jilly heard that and was having NONE of it! She walked right over to him, sat down next to him and said "It's OK Riley-man, I help you." And she did, she proceeded to put noodles on the fork (for a little bit, she did start to use her fingers after a while) and fed him the rest of his noodles and all was right with the world.




And just so no one thinks I'm a mean neglectful Auntie, as soon as I was done changing Cooper's poopie diaper I was going to help him finish, but Jilly beat me to it. And that's why my camera lives on the living room floor, cause that's where all the action happens in my tiny little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment